Who we are & what we value
Bloomwolf Studio is a Latina owned & operated illustration and design studio based in Orlando, Florida.
Launched by husband and wife, Luis Sosa and Betsy Garcia, Bloomwolf Studio was started in November of 2015 after Betsy forewent her plans of applying to medical school. With the unwavering support of Luis, and no formal art training, Betsy began illustrating again in the summer of 2015, after not doing so for many years. This period helped renew her passion for art and helped cement her purpose, pushing her to follow her dreams of pursuing art as a career. Since then, thanks to Betsy’s passion and determination and Luis’s continued support, Bloomwolf Studio has evolved into the creative business it is today and has exhibited at national trade shows, participated in hundreds of pop-up markets, and their products are carried in over 800 small shops and boutiques nationwide. Bloomwolf’s small, but mighty team is based in sunny Orlando.
Bloomwolf Studio’s mission is to spread joy and promote social change through our products, and to create the cutest stationery and art that will help you connect with loved ones, commemorate special moments, and feel celebrated. Our use of bright color palettes, fun illustrations, and hand lettering helps us create items that fit perfectly in the modern home or office, products that make the perfect gift for family and friends, and products that convey messages of hope and acceptance. We’re not afraid of making our items too feminine, endearing, or “political” and believe that pretty paper can help create a beautiful life and that art can help change the world. Through our products, we are committed to helping you foster your most important relationships, and creating the bright, colorful, and just world that we all deserve.
We look forward to the future of our business, and thank you for being here and for supporting what we do. As always, we are here for you, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or comments.
At Bloomwolf Studio we believe in using art as a form of self expression and as a way to raise awareness for social change. The beliefs we hold and make known may be deemed as too “political” for a small business, but we feel it is our duty to advocate for and support what we feel is right.
At Bloomwolf Studio we believe:
- all people should be treated with respect and dignity, regardless of their race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or immigration status, and practice this inside and outside our business everyday.
- Black lives matter, and we strive to be anti-racist by learning and speaking out against racism, discrimination, and oppression. We also donate to organizations dedicated to fighting racial injustice, quarterly.
- love is love and trans rights are human rights and we donate to organizations that provide support services for LGBTQ+ youth in need.
- women have the right to choose what happens to their bodies and that abortion is health care, and we create artwork that supports these values and donate to organizations defending these rights.
- science is real and climate change is real and we try to do our part in protecting the planet by using FSC-certified paper for all of our products, envelopes made of 100% recycled paper, working with printers that are environmentally conscious, and using biodegradable packaging and recycled materials when fulfilling orders.
- in using our business to try and help the community, and we create products that are used for fundraising and donating to organizations dedicated to fighting racial injustice, organizations that provide important services to those in need, and organizations dedicated to defending the individual rights of every person in this country.
- that healthcare and education should be universal, and families should be kept together.
We will continue to strive for the betterment of our business and community, and appreciate your support. We are proud to serve you and to have customers like you.
Organizations we have donated to include: the Equal Justice Initiative, Planned Parenthood, Color of Change, the LGBTQ+ Freedom Fund, the National Bail Out, Black Lives Matter, ACLU, The Loveland Foundation, NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Second Harvest Food Bank, Hope for Haiti, The Marsha P. Johnson Institute, The Trevor Project, National Network of Abortion Funds.